The vision of Salem Baptist Church is to be a fellowship of new beginnings where disciples of Jesus Christ have a heart for God and a love for people.
What We Believe
The following biblically-based statements of faith are a summary of what we believe. For more information, view the Baptist Faith & Message, as adopted June 14, 2000.
1. Holy Scripture, the Word of God written, is to be believed and obeyed. We are assured of its infallible truth and divine authority as the Holy Spirit works in our hearts.
2. The one true and living God, infinite in being and perfection, has revealed Himself in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. He made male and female in His image, but fellowship with God was broken and paradise lost through disobedience.
3. Our nature now is sinful, and our sins deserve God's judgment. But God, in His grace, offers us new life and forgiveness. This is the gospel, that the Father has sent the Son to pay the penalty for the sins of His people and grant them the power of His ressurection.
4. God pardons our sins and accepts us into His family as we trust in Jesus Christ alone for our salvation and sincerely repent. That faith must show it's reality in works of love, and real repentance requires a firm resolve to walk in the way of God's commandments. Grateful for His grace, we live for His glory.
5. The Ten Commandments reveal the moral law and will of God. He alone is Lord of the conscience, and has set us free from the doctrines and demands of men which are contrary to His word.
6. Our Lord is building His church in the world. We exist to worship God, learn the Scriptures, encourage one another in the Christian life, and spread the gospel by word and deed.
7. God has appointed a day in which He will judge the world justly by Jesus Christ. We must all appear before Him, to give an account of our attitude and actions, as well as receive from Him retribution or reward. That inevitable encounter is not a stimulus to speculation, but an incentive to repentance and obedience.